Foot soaking can help different conditions. Be sure to check with your podiatrist to make sure these soaks are right for you.
Soaks for Ulcers and Sores
- Soak your foot in warm water with Epsom salt (follow the instructions included with the salt).
- Dry your foot and between all toes thoroughly after each soak.
- Apply a small amount of antibiotic cream to the wound.
- Cover the sore toe or area with a one-inch Band-Aid.
- Repeat these steps twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.
Soaks for Warts
- 1-2 Tbsp. Betadine Solution -OR- ¼ cup of BLEACH (i.e. Clorox)
- 1 Gal. Warm Water
Soak your feet five to ten minutes once a day.
- Scrub warts with a Pumice Stone while bathing.
- Dry your feet thoroughly after each soak, being sure to get between all toes.
- Use topical liquid acid on small warts (i.e. Duofilm® or Compound W®).
- Use Mediplast® on larger warts one to two times a day.